We all love coffee. Hands down!!
But did you know, coffee is not just for our sleepy brains, but it turned out it has magical effects on skin too..!!Many beauty care products use coffee as their core ingredient for the same reason.
I just learned an easy way to accommodate coffee in our daily skin care routine. Check this out if you have-
- Puffy eyes
- Stretch marks
- Dark spots
- Fine lines
- Dry skin
The solution to all the above problem is COFFEE !!
You will need–
- ½ cup used ground coffee beans (you can buy pre-ground or grind your own)
- ½ cup organic, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup of unsweetened whole milk (almond milk is a great substitute, too)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice (if you have dry skin, substitute with olive or almond oil)
- 1 tbsp of honey (for extra oily or acne prone skin, use additional lemon juice here instead of honey)
- Mix the coffee grounds with the cocoa powder in your bowl.
- Add in the milk and stir until a paste is created.
- For a thicker paste, use less milk or you can use curd too.
- Toss in the lemon juice and honey.
- Mix it up and apply to your face.
- Let it dry (up to 20 minutes) and rinse!
- Coffee beans reduce inflammation and redness, while also reducing the appearance of under-eye circles. The grounds are a great exfoliator that removes dead skin for a brighter, lively complexion!
- Cocoa powder is filled with antioxidants that protect against free radicals. With its high content of sulfur, it’s great for fighting acne, too!
- Milk is great for giving your skin a youthful, smooth, and healthy glow. The amino acids help to keep your skin hydrated.
- Lemon juice contains natural vitamin C to lighten, brighten, and tighten, all while regulating oil production.
- Honey naturally locks in moisture.
Let’s say bye to those harsh chemicals!!